Twitter

Saturday, January 5, 2008

Emma Pollock

One day, a couple of years ago, I was reading a music blog, not too different from this one. The guy was talking about a Scottish band called The Delgados. It caught my attention that a band from Glasgow would use a Spanish word for "thin" as their name. 1 point of cool for them.

Intrigued, I went out to the web in search of their music, found it, listened, and fell in love. It was brilliant. "Coming In From the Cold" grabbed me and is still my favorite song by them. It features Emma Pollock on vocals. I love her voice, the way she sings. I really connected to The Delgados and their music, loving the fact that a chick could rock along with the boys. [I've always loved bands with girl singers]

Sadly, it wasn't too long after I discovered them that they disbanded. Stink. Somehow I knew to keep an eye, and ear, out for Emma. I was pleased to note that she was at SXSW back in March. Anyways, she's got an album out called Watch the Fireworks (Available on iTunes!!). I haven't got it yet (no money, lol), but I will be getting it soon. I know it'll be brilliant just from what I've heard on her myspace.

Here's a video so you can have a taste.



Here's some links.
www.emmapollock.com
www.myspace.com/emmapollock
www.delgados.co.uk
www.myspace.com/getaction2

1 comment:

Joel "El Macho" said...

they called themselves the delgados after 1988 tour de france champion pedro delgado. a great band that is definitely missed. as for emma's album, the song "adrenaline" reminds you of why you fell in love with her and her old band.