Twitter

Friday, January 11, 2008

Exercise music (For the Ladies)

This week, I started working out on my parents' treadmill. I've discovered the power of a 20 minute workout has on me. It's awesome and I haven't been lazy all week... which is a first for me.

Anyways, it's tough to find good music to get your sweat on to. I tried the dance music channel from the selections offered through my local cable provider. Passable for background noise and the occasional sing-a-long. Next, I tried shuffling my iTunes playlist. Again, background noise and necessarily conducive to workout mind frame. Especially when Sigur Ros comes on.

Yesterday, I pulled out a CD from my stereo. I chose Mantaray by Souixsie. I love her voice because it's really sexy, and it makes you want to strut on the treadmill. I think it's a great mental inspiration for a workout because don't we all want sexy bodies.

Come on... Admit it... Yes you do.

I highly recommend this album for your next workout.

Next on workouts with music: Yoga with Sigur Ros.

No comments: