Twitter

Thursday, January 24, 2008

"They tried to make me go to rehab... okay, okay I'll go"


Daddy must not think that Amy Winehouse is okay any more because she's finally going to rehab. She's finally broken down and found the 17 days to get some help that don't come in a shot glass.

Apparently, her dad tried to have her "sectioned". If you don't know how the British mental healthcare system works, it's the equivalent of being committed. However, a person can only legally be "sectioned" in the UK if they are a danger to themselves. Unfortunately, the authorities do not view drug abuse as a personal danger.

I think it's great that she's finally going. She's got to be at her best to appear at the Grammys.

Amy, I wish you all the best, lady.

Yahoo UK
NME.com

2 comments:

Joel "El Macho" said...

I have my old back issues of Q stashed away at the house somewhere. I remember one that had a review of a show she did just before 'Frank' was released in 2003. She was a young, stunning woman with an incredible voice. I know what she looked and sounded like, and I don't like what she has become. Hopefully she'll get the help and care that she needs. See also: Pete Dorety

Randy W said...

That's one scary photo. Let's pray she does indeed find the help she needs so badly.