Twitter

Thursday, February 7, 2008

South By Southwest Showcase Artists Announced!

I've been kinda antsy to see who all is going to be at this year's SXSW. I hope that I'll get to go this year, even though I have never been.

Here's the list.

There are the obvious heavy hitting musical greats that everyone is beside themselves to see, but here are a few that I'm personally giddy about seeing (with appropriate links).

Sons & Daughters (loud, gutsy, and Scottish!)
The Russian Futurists
Tokyo Police Club
Switches
Peggy Sue and The Pirates
The Ting Tings
Castledoor
Passenger
The Pillows (I have a strange love for Japanese music since I went to Tokyo)
The Answer
The Black Keys
British Sea Power
Immigrant
People in Planes

Those are just a few. I keep finding more every time I go through the list.

3 comments:

Randy W said...

Glad to see Castledoor on the lineup. Maybe they will finally get some national exposure apart from internet. They're really getting press in California.. Let's hope it spreads!

Joel "El Macho" said...

you forgot LOS CAMPESIOS!

Leslie said...

I wasn't aware that I should be excited for them. ;-)

Although, I will now add Ludo to the list. Saw them tonight at Prophet Bar. They are hilarious and fun!