Twitter

Tuesday, March 18, 2008

The 80s guilty pleasure list.

I was born in January of 1981.  Just 8 months older than MTV.  I was just barely old enough to remember dancing around the house to Madonna and Culture Club.  Now that I've grown up, I am not ashamed to admit my love for 80s retro, and I'm a bit offended if it's classed as "oldies." [I'm not ready to give up on being an oldie yet myself.]

On Yahoo's music blogs, there's a playlist of all those sissy 80s songs that you were afraid to admit that you liked.

  1. Too Shy - Kajagoogoo
  2. No One To Blame - Howard Jones
  3. Do You Really Want To Hurt Me - Culture Club
  4. Poison Arrow - ABC
  5. Save A Prayer - Duran Duran
  6. Careless Whisper - WHAM!
  7. Hold Me Now - Thompson Twins
  8. If You Leave - OMD
  9. Blasphemous Rumours - Depeche Mode
  10. Tainted Love - Soft Cell
  11. It's My Life - Talk Talk
  12. More Than This - Roxy Music
  13. I Ran (So Far Away) - A Flock Of Seagulls
  14. Promises, Promises - Naked Eyes
  15. Perfect Way - Scritti Politti
  16. West End Girls - Pet Shop Boys
  17. Only You - Yaz
  18. Girls Just Wanna Have Fun - Cyndi Lauper
  19. Safety Dance - Men Without Hats
  20. Love Plus One - Haircut 100
  21. True - Spandau Ballet

2 comments:

Bona Fide Darling said...

Good songs on there. But, you forgot the great, great "Major Tom (Coming Home)" by Peter Schilling.

Joel "El Macho" said...

that's what the fever playlist used to look like. we still play a lot of those.