Twitter

Saturday, April 5, 2008

It's official... NKOTB is back on the block.

I was nine years old.  My super cool cousin Stephanie had tickets to the New Kids on the Block concert at Texas Stadium, and I was invited (of course, my mom had to come with me).  I remember my mom giving me a cassette of Step By Step, and I listened to it as I pulled my hair up into pony tail with a scrunchie.

We only lived a 1/2 mile from Texas Stadium then.  I remember being in awe of everything there.  It was like a huge fair.  Radio stations were everywhere.  I made note of a few to check out when I got home.  I remember getting the black light stamp on my hand to go down to the field where our seats where.  Section G.  It was towards the back of the field but I didn't care.  I watched the jumbotron the whole time.  Mom put me up on her shoulders a few times, but she couldn't hold me forever.

I'll never forget that experience.  It was the first time that I listened to something other than what my parents listened to.  I remember going home that night and tuning into 100.3 Jamz.  Inevitably, that day set me on a music lovin' path that has led me here today, to this blog.  What humble beginnings. lol

I suppose it was only a matter of time before the rumors were confirmed that NKOTB were getting back together.  Alas, I was halfway tempted to go digging through my closet for anything NKOTB that might still be there.  A poster, a pillow, and a sleeping bag are all that remain now (I'm a pack rat, so sue me. :-P ).  I still have my Hangin' Tough Live vhs around here somewhere too.  I wonder if this stuff is worth money now.

Anyways, it's really really official now.  Right down to the morning show debut.

Now, for the hardcore fans out there.... how many of you woke up early on Saturday mornings to catch this.....

1 comment:

Joel "El Macho" said...

i forgot there was a new kids cartoon series. i was more of a 'hammerman' fan myself.

with today's kids growing up as part of the internet generation and knowing everybody's every single move, could they even do a pop star cartoon anymore? it would be truly outrageous. truly truly truly outrageous.