Twitter

Saturday, April 19, 2008

New Poll: Best Music Movie?

Ok... In honor of National Record Store Day, I've taken a hint from the film High Fidelity and made a Top 5 list of my favorite films about or featuring music or the music industry [in no particular order].  Submitted for your polling pleasure to the left of your screen.

I want to know which one is your favorite.  Tell me why too.

It's a toughie.  I'd say it's a tie for the top between High Fidelity and That Thing You Do.  TTYD is a dorky choice, I know.  I love seeing [in a fictional representation] how record labels operated back in the early days of rock, when they actually invested in an artist and developed them into a brand.  I love High Fidelity because it celebrates the music nerds in all of us [if you read or write a music blog, then you are a music nerd.  Embrace it!].  I have friends that I sit around and talk about music and movies with in a highly nerdy fashion, and every music lover finds themselves employed in a music store at some point.

Spinal Tap is just hilarious.  It's all about 11.

4 comments:

Daniel said...

High Fidelity is one of my favorite movies, but I don't think it qualifies as a "music movie" per se. That Thing You Do is a good movie, but I had to go with Spinal Tap. Thank you, now I'm going to have "Big Bottoms" stuck in my head all day. -Random Rage

lance said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
lance said...

1. Singles
2. 24 Hour Party People
3. Eddie and The Cruisers
4. O' Brother Where Art Thou?
5. The Muppets!

Leslie said...

OMG! How could I forget 24 Hour Party People?! Geez... I'm useless.