Twitter

Monday, April 21, 2008

Shishido Hinata wa sugoi desu!!

[Translation: Shishido Hinata is amazing!!]

Once again, I went myspace digging.  Curious after hearing that one of my favorite actresses was making music with M. Ward, I shuffled over to have a listen.  While poking around Mr Ward's top friends list, I came across Shishido Hinata.

It's probably not suprising that I clicked on him with my obvious fascination with Japan.  He reminds me a bit of Aqualung.  Refreshing and relaxing pop that doesn't give you that sugar overkill.  He would have been a perfect fit on the Lost In Translation soundtrack.  The second track on his myspace, translated as "Seed", is beautiful with touches of traditional Japanese melody in the vocals.

2 comments:

Bona Fide Darling said...

Is Myspace digging anything like the crate digging hip-hop DJs use to do?

Leslie said...

I have no clue... it's what I call picking through musicians top friends for new music.