Twitter

Friday, May 23, 2008

David Cook is my American Idol

I've got no bones about voting for American Idol this season.  This was a pretty intense and talented cast.  Everyone this season could have very well made it to the finals, but David Cook rocketed ahead of the rest with his version of Lionel Richie's "Hello." [Which was pretty freakin' amazing!]  I pulled for local boy Jason Castro as long as I could, but he wanted to go home so badly that last week that we all gave in.

I think America got it right this week crowning Cook over Archuletta.  The kid was impressive and has a ton of potential.  However, Simon and the other judges have remarked that winners need to have that total package [looks, talent, stage presence, and wow factor].  Archie is cute, has oodles of talent, his wow factor is his age, BUT I never felt like his stage presence was up to par.  Go back and watch what he does with his hands in his solo performances.  It always felt like a high school talent show or Star Search beauty pageant.

Also, I'm still a little beefed from last season's Blake Lewis upset, so I'm glad David Cook got it this year.  I hope he takes some hints from Kelly Clarkson and Carrie Underwood on how to stay in the public eye long enough to make an impact.  It would be sad to be that amazing and end up like Taylor Hicks [who? exactly.]

No comments: