Twitter

Friday, December 5, 2008

I have weird dreams

My dreams are weird.  I'm not sure if that's because of the caffiene I drink or because I haven't gotten enough caffiene to stave off the caffiene-withdrawal mind trips that a lack of Coke or DP tends to do to my unconscious imagination.

Or maybe I'm just plain weird. lol Might explain a lot.

It was about a friend I hadn't seen in a while.  "A while" might be an understatement as I can't exactly remember how long it's been since the last time I saw him.  It's been 2+ years at least.  It was nice to see him and hang out though.

I always think it's interesting the things I dream about.  Sometimes it feels like they have real significance, and other times I can recognize the waking memories my mind is trying to process during REM sleep. [I read that dreams are your mind trying to "defrag" your memories. Score 3 nerd points for pc analogy.]  I think this one was a product of a REM defrag as I was cleaning out old subscriptions on Xanga yesterday.

In other news, I feel like I've stalled out.  Stagnated.  It's time for something new.  Perhaps it's good that it's the holidays, because the New Year is coming.  So is my birthday.  Time for plenty of new.  I'm not all that excited about turning 28.  That's a first, I'm usually excited about my birthday.  I like being 27 though.  27 is a good number.  28 just feels like I'm getting closer to 30.  30 seems like the age where I need to grow up.  Maybe it's time for that too.

No comments: